Friday, October 26, 2012

Queen of the World

I found this crushed velvet dress for $2 at a local thrift shop. It's clearly a crappy halloween costume, but the moment I saw it I knew it had to be mine. I didn't intend on wearing it in its original state, but I had to take a picture in it to capture the ridiculousness of it.



Then I took off the hood and trimmed the sleeves and hem, and behold! The perfect little witch minidress! I've been looking for a dress pretty much exactly like this one, so to find it at a thrift store for $2 was a dream come true.



(Sorry for the bad photo quality, I'm still trying to figure out how to best take pictures in my room. I'm pretty useless at photography, especially indoors.)

I've been wearing my hair in braids a lot recently. I bought some 25 cent ribbon from the thrift store and it's perfect for creepy little girl bows to tie off my braids. I'm still totally swept up in halloween fever! Tonight I'm going to my school's production of the Rocky Horror Picture show. I can't wait to throw toast in the air and yell at the screen and see people writhe around in their underwear and soak up all the good spooky vibes!


Here's my favorite feel-good song in case you need a pick-me-up. Have a great week, doods.


8 comments:

  1. What an amazing dress! I've been spotting awesome cheesy halloween costumes in the thrift stores lately and dreaming of turning them into something, this has definitely inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I have those shoes! Did you find them at Icing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this!! :)

    http://munchmecat.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  4. making the dress shorter, this is SUCH a good idea! i'm pretty obsessed with bell sleeves lately...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A.
    W.
    E.
    S.
    O.
    M.
    E.

    birdiewearsatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great find! That mini dress looks awesome!

    Best,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!