Monday, July 11, 2011

Brought To You By Willow Rosenberg

I am a huge fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. My favorite character is Willow Rosenberg, a computer whiz/powerful witch with a penchant for fuzzy sweaters and clashing colors. Willow may not be a typical style icon, but I love her random mix of clothing and her sweet and quirky personality. Especially in the earlier episodes, she always looks cute in a bizarre kind of way. Unfortunately there aren't a ton of pictures on the internet that show her style very well, but here's what I found.





For this post, I tried to emulate Willow's style with my own twist. I used bright colors and prints, and of course I incorporated a pentagram for her witchcraft. It didn't end up looking much like her style, but it was definitely inspired by her.

 My favorite shoes ever.


 This nail polish is OPI's Black Shatter over Sally Hansen's Mellow Yellow. I cannot tell you how much I love the black shatter. Okay, I can: A LOT.


DIY stenciled top, Levi's jeans, Forever 21 saddle shoes, necklace from antique store, anklet from my camp buddy
That last one is affectionately referred to as the "squid arms" pose.

For those of you interested in stenciling a shirt of your own, go here. This blogger, Marlena, is the queen of DIY. She inspired me to go crazy with my DIY projects, a few of which you'll hopefully be seeing here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!