Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Things You Do Endear You To Me

 For those of you who don't know, I play ukulele. It's the most fun instrument ever! I love how it's so cute, portable, and easy to play. It's also surprisingly versatile. A lot of Beatles songs sound really good when played on a uke, and Amanda Palmer did an entire album of ukulele covers of Radiohead songs. (I'd click that link if I were you. It's absolutely fantastic.) It just so happened that my uke looked good with my outfit today, so I thought I'd pull it out for some photos.




Forever 21 dress (worn as top), thrifted skirt, Mahalo ukulele, necklace with unknown origin

I love cat eyes. I do them all the time, but I found this tutorial that shows how to do them much better than I ever did. These ones are so adorable and '60s-licious, which makes them great to wear with this skirt! The same girl also does a great tutorial for the pigtails here. This style is perfect for my hair, since it involves messing it up with wild abandon. If there's anything I can do with my hair, it's to mess it up.

Right now I'm working on the song "I Will" by the Beatles. Who knows, maybe I'll post a video of it once I work out the kinks. All I want to do these days is sit on my balcony and play ukulele!

Hope you are all enjoying your summer!

1 comment:

Let's chat!